State University of New York College at Buffalo (Buffalo State College)
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communication Design, May 2011
Hudson Valley Community College, Troy NY
Associate of Science in Liberal Arts, Concentration in Web Design, May 2007
Battenkill Fibers, Greenwich NY, Office Manager (Part Time), August 2020 – Present
- Work with customers and employees to organize the flow of spinning jobs to make sure everyone has what they need.
- Supply chain management, payroll, & other boring but essential office tasks 🙂
- Website & Social Media planning, development, and maintenance.
Comfortcloth Weaving LLC, Glens Falls NY, Member, Jan. 2018 – Present
- I own this business with my wife and I am responsible for all of the marketing, design, and development for the company, as well as dying our yarn and weaving rugs.
Freelance Designer / Developer January 2008 – Present
- Worked on a wide array of print and digital projects for companies such as: Sullivan County Victim Services, Positive Approach Press, Buffalo State College, Ecovative, Target, Buffalo Bisons, Boy Scouts of America, Virginia Commonwealth University, Hudson Valley Textile Project, Chai Jewelry, Comfortcloth Weaving, and more.
Hudson Valley Textile Project, Cornwall NY, Website & Social Media Manager, Sept. 2018 – Present
- Build, maintain, and add new features to their website.
- Began planning & managing social media (Facebook & Instagram) late 2019/early 2020
ICC Compliance Center, Niagara Falls NY, Senior Graphic Designer and Developer, March 2015 – November 2018
Maintain all of my responsibilities as a Senior Graphic Desinger plus:
- Server management & maintenance
- Lead development on all internal and external company sites
- Develop custom themes and plugins for WordPress
- Preform code reviews on team members code before pushing to a live server
- Mentor young designers and developers
ICC Compliance Center, Niagara Falls NY, Senior Graphic Designer, September 2012 – March 2015
Maintain all of my responsibilities as a Graphic Desinger plus:
- Lead layout of publications, catalogs, books, manuals ect.
- Direct photography of product for catalogs and sales pieces
- Coordinate print production with Supply Chain Management
- Coordinate, lead, and mentor other designers and team members
- Track and manage all incoming and current projects for the design team
- Work across print and digital media projects to help the design team work more efficiently
ICC Compliance Center, Niagara Falls NY, Graphic Designer, September 2011 – September 2012
- Develop graphics and advertisements for company websites
- Produce monthly print advertisements for various industry magazines and journals
- Produce sales pieces for Business Development Managers
- Work with local and international printers to complete print jobs
- Create and implement an Internal Document Distribution System
- Design new products for new lines
Positive Approach Press, Buffalo NY, Screen printing Intern / Web Designer, January 2011 – May 2011
As an intern I did the following:
- Prepared client files for print through digitization and color separation
- Assisted in all aspects of screen preparation and printing of shirts and other products
- Mixed colors for use in production.
After my internship was over I stayed on to develop their webiste from photoshop design files.
Technology : InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Signlab, HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, JQuery, Local Development, Version Control
Applied Arts : Screen printing, Vinyl Graphics, Large Format Printing, Sign Making, Matting & Framing
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Summer Research Fellowship, SUNY Undergraduate Research Foundation, 2010
- Sylvia G. Miller Award for Excelence in Field of Study, Buffalo State College, 2010
- Eagle Scout, Troop 49, Valley Falls NY, 2004
- Hudson Mohawk Weavers Guild, Show & Sale Board Chair, Jan 2019 – Present
- Hudson Mohawk Weavers Guild, Newsletter Editor, June 2018 – December 2020
- WordCamp Saratoga, Organizing Board Chair, 2015
- WordCamp Saratoga, Founding Organizer & Organizing Board Chair, 2014
- AIGA, Since 2010
- InDesign Users Group, Since 2010
- WP518, Since 2013
- Hudson Mohawk Weavers Guild, Since 2017
- Hudson Valley Textile Project, Since 2017
- American Craft Council, Since 2019